Position Summary: Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma.
- Preferred Education: 2- year technical school machining program.
- Minimum Experience: 1 to 2 years in manufacturing setting.
- Preferred Experience: 5 years in manufacturing setting.
- Special Qualifications: Blueprint reading skills, high attention to detail.
- Plans machining by reviewing work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, machining parameters and interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Program machine by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic shop math.
- Set-up machine by installing and adjusting tools, attachments, collets, bushings cams, gears, stops and stock pushers etc.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first- run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting; taking measurements; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; trouble shooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Job Type: Full-time