Responsible for cost accounting, variance analysis, inventory accuracy and month-end reporting for multiple business units:
- Collect, analyze, and apply costs to work orders using various methods and systems, ensuring that cost inputs are appropriate, necessary, and consistent with accounting policies.
- Close work orders for completed jobs, ensuring that all cost inputs have been properly captured and classified, researching and reporting on all significant variances to standards and/or estimates.
- Prepare periodic job cost reports on significant projects, summarizing to-date incurred costs vs. standards and/or estimates and projections of total costs.
- Maintain cost accounting systems and standard costs. Through cross-functional communication, data collection and variance analysis, determine when standard costs require updates and communicate to manager.
- Provide assistance with month-end close, including the preparation of business unit financial reports and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Ensure business unit inventories are accurately valued and reported including overseeing business unit cycle counting programs and annual physical inventories.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum Experience: Five years general accounting experience, with at least two years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred Experience: Seven years general accounting experience with three or more years of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.