Responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts receivable records as well as assisting in general accounting functions for multiple business units by performing the following duties.
• Process and mail customer invoices.
• Receive, research, and respond to inquiries or disputes from customers, coordinating efforts with other departments as necessary.
• Review customer order credit holds.
• Identify customer accounts needing collection contact. Initiate contact with and document responses from customers.
• Prepare the necessary paperwork/information to forward accounts to third party collection agency.
• Researching and resolving AR questions with vendors.
• Process daily cash application and invoicing.
• Assist with month-end closing to include verifying all invoicing and cash receipts for the period have been posted as well as processing various reports.
• Key approved journal entries into business system, update journal entry log, and maintain records.
• Perform other associated duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Prior experience utilizing accounting software.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High school diploma
Preferred Education: Two-year accounting certificate/associates degree
Minimum Experience: Two years in accounts receivable/general accounting
Preferred Experience: Five years accounts receivable/general accounting
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities