Position: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Maple Grove, MN
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will play a key role in accelerating the development of machine design solutions for Timesavers sanding equipment. Specific responsibilities include the specification, design, integration, and development of industrial sanding machines and sanding machine technology.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the development of new equipment using new technologies, like robotics, machine vision, preventative/predictive maintenance, and logistics/plant automation.
- Work with other mechanical engineers and control engineers to develop world-class machines for the sanding industry.
- Develop solid models and all detail documentation to support designs.
- Coordinate development team efforts to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with Sales and Production departments to develop and implement Manufacturing Plans.
- Coordinate product introduction with Manufacturing department and key suppliers.
- Manage technical communication with key suppliers for all new product introductions.
You are: A wizard in the design of complex machinery. What gets you up in the morning is working with an engineering team to solve complex technical problems. You have got the analytical skills needed for the job, plus the gift of communicating clearly with team members and customers. You are also comfortable with international standards and product requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering (verified prior to start) from an accredited institution.
- At least 10 years of Industrial machinery design experience in a private, public, government or military environment. Strongly prefer industrial sanding equipment development experience including the design of equipment from the ground up. Experience with similar processing equipment in the wood or metal processing industries will be considered.
- Exceptional solid modeling design experience, preferably with Solidworks.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to articulate design concepts to technical peers and to senior management.
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a small group environment.
- Significant project leadership experience required. Must be capable of motivating and leading an engineering project team to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Self-starter with results driven behaviors.
- Comfortable creating and managing projects using Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Integration of mechanical sensing devices.
- Practical experience with machine integration efforts.